Pediatric Urgent Care
It is very important that your child see their pediatrician regularly, especially in an urgent care situation. When not dealing with a life or death illness it is best to get your child the care and follow up they need at Plymouth Pediatric Associates. To insure access to their pediatrician, we are open 363 days a year, with Urgent Care appointments available every day the practice is open.
If you or your child is experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 911.
What can be treated in our Urgent Care?
Most non-life-threatening problems (sore throats, fevers, earaches, coughs, bug bites, rashes and much more). If we feel you have a medical emergency, we will recommend you go directly to a hospital emergency room.
CALL US at 508-746-5900 to schedule an appointment.
Why see your pediatrician vs. Urgent Care or the Emergency Room?
- Your child will be seen by a pediatrician. Most Urgent Care centers and local Emergency Rooms do not have pediatricians on-site, so your child will likely be treated by a provider with training and expertise focused on the care of adult patients.
- As a Boston Children’s Hospital affiliated practice, we can refer your child to a Boston Children’s Hospital specialist, giving them direct access and continuity of care quickly.
- Our providers have access to your child’s medical record through our electronic medical record system, helping them to address your child’s needs, document your visit directly in your child’s record and communicate electronically with your pediatrician for follow up care.
- The wait time will typically be much shorter than a hospital emergency room.
- Your out-of-pocket cost (copay, deductible, etc.) will typically be less than a hospital emergency room, depending on your insurance coverage.
- Our providers are able to take care of a wider range of medical problems than some Urgent Care sites.
Urgent Care hours for the Plymouth office:
Walk-in Hours: (no walk-in hours until further notice)
Same-day sick visits:
Monday – Friday 8:30am-7:30pm by appointment
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 9:30am – 3:30pm by appointment
Call the Plymouth office for a same-day appointment 7 days a week after 8:30am.
We will be seeing well visits only at this location. No walk-ins allowed. Please call if you need a same day SICK VISIT in the Plymouth office or virtually.